how am i burning the glass!!

Started by flowerjasper, May 11, 2008, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindy23

I have the similar trouble when the propane is nearly finished.  Also, its a good idea to make sure that your rods are super clean before you use them as any bits or dust or even just oil from your fingers can make horrible cloudy bits.  I clean mine with meths before I'm going to use them.  Its especially important with the transparent ones. 

Mindyx

It could be much worse, but... it could also be much, much better...

flowerjasper

its becoming clearer to me now that the fact i groom dogs in the same space i lampwork does have certain effects!!
dust, dog hair ( for ages i was puzzled by the wiggly black lines on beads i had put in vermiculite...)
so i will work further up the flame, keep the vermiculite out of the shed whilst i am grooming, especially like tonight, the hairiest golden retriever, hair every where.... wiggly lines for a week me thinks!!

mindy23

LOL!!

I have a deerhound, (long grey hair), a wirey mongrel ( wirey black hair) and a black greyhound, there seems to be nothing that their hair doesnt stick too.  I have all the ahir bases covered I think.  I should plan better when getting my dogs I think.  All one colour maybe so I can get a carpet and furntiure that hides it better!!! ;D

It could be much worse, but... it could also be much, much better...

biccy99

Yeah my ginger cat doesn't go well with my black clothes (or beadmaking lol)