Bead Release

Started by mad bunny, May 31, 2008, 02:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad bunny

Can you tell me what you do with your gungy bead release water when you have finished cleaning your beads please.

ie, do you just wash it down the sink? Or throw it down the drain outside?

It is not very nice stuff I know from reading the ingredients so I guess you clean beads in containers kept for just that job and would I be sensible to wear gloves rather than have my hands in the water while i'm doing the cleaning for any length of time.

Or am I just being paranoid?  ::)  Any advise greatly accepted.  ;D
Practice and Patience really does pay off!  Beads actually looking good  Yippee  :o

flowerjasper

as i have never read the ingredients, i have never worn gloves and down the sink it has gone....oooops!

Lush!

On a really good day I have a *lot* of beads to clean up (!!) so I did worry a bit about letting all the bead release go down the sink, in case it sits in the u bend and gets cloggy

- so I always remove my beads from the mandrels, dry, over a piece of kitchen roll so I can put most of it straight in the bin.  Then I soak them in a jug of water but I don't worry about tipping the cloudy water down the drain.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Billie

Empty the bowl into a sieve and dump the gunk in the bin  :)

turnedlight

I crumble it off around the beads into a bin while it's still dry, then put the beads on the mandrels in a jar of water to soak, then what goes down the sink is very little.
kathryn

Mary

I throw it onto the garden.

mad bunny

Thank you everyone.  I take the beads off dry on some kitchen roll and then throw it away.  I know it is not good stuff to be inhaling, so I am careful not to make any dust.  Just wasn't sure if I had to do anything special with the residue.
Practice and Patience really does pay off!  Beads actually looking good  Yippee  :o

Pat from Canvey

The water's not poisonous, my cats drink it if they can get to it. I've finally succeeded in getting them to drink clean water and also not the dirty water in the plant saucers in the garden. It's full of rotting leaves and insect larvae.

Sherry Bellamy

I let the water sit for a bit, then pour off most of it down the drain. The solid bits remain at the bottom, and I toss those into the trash.