Enamels, safety mask.

Started by spheresofglass, May 07, 2008, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spheresofglass

Hi,

Having trouble posting this question this evening... so forgive me if it's gone in twice!

I have some enamel powders and really want to play with them but very very conscious of the safety issue.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for a proper mask?  Would appreciate your comments.

Sandy

Shirley

I've got a feeling someone posted on this a while back, maybe last summer. I'm pretty sure they recommended a mask that you could get at the big DIY stores, and quoted the type of filter needed. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Shirley

spheresofglass

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the weekend, we have a large B&Q near us...  ;D

With a bit of luck I'll be able to play at the weekend with the enamels!

Shirley

Funnily enough, I picked up a pile of enamels and nearly bought them a couple of weeks ago. Put them back again because I wasn't sure about the breathing thing. Also decided I'd got more than enough glass and frit I haven't touched yet without buying more goodies!

sea-thistle

You can also get safety masks at a store called Howsafe they sell safety equipment for building trades etc. I bought a box of them. Much more economical than buying a few at a time They are quite a large business I think :)