Looking for info on sticky pads/feet.

Started by beady-kat, April 21, 2008, 09:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beady-kat

Can anyone tell me where I can get the little silicon stick on feet that are used on coasters and such........ WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY CALLED!!!!!!
Pref a UK supplier

Cheers mi dears
Kath

dinah46

I remember trying to google those - impossible ::)

I tried every term I could think of with some very strange results. I ended up making small glass bumps and sticking them on my coasters, at least I can use matching glass :)

I did try 'bump-ons' and got this
http://www.bumperstops.com/products/cylindrical/pd-2075.htm
but I haven't bought any from them as I found them after I started using the glass ones

beady-kat

Yes i've tried every term I can think of on ebay but with no luck. I've a feeling that they have a weird name that I heard once and promptly forgot.
The ones in the link look perfect if they are made of the squishy silicon stuff (technical terminology there)
Kath

dinah46

They do look the thing but I think I was put off by the industrial look to the site and the fear that I would have to order thousands  :o

Pam

Tempsford stained glass sell them but they are a bit expensive there especially wth the P&P. I recently found some in homebase (by the knobs/screws and fixings)

glassworks

you can get bigger packs for peanuts by shopping at B&Q in their kitchen shop - they are used as door stops,a nd you can get them in three sizes and cheap as chips... just don't tell anyone...

DOH!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

jewelchiz84

Not sure if you wanted clear ones or opaque, but Warm Glass sell the clear bumpers, in 3 sizes.
http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/Shop/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1271

Hamilton Taylor

Yep, like Q, we use B&Q kitchen bumps for our fused stuff. Best kept secret in fusing...

Sean

Kaz

I used the B&Q ones when some came off the fused glass coasters we have and they have lasted much better than the ones originally on :D
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

beady-kat

Great you lot!!!
B&Q it is then.

Ta very muchly,

Kath

mizgeorge

If you search for 'page pebbles', you'll find them in lots of different shapes and sizes. They're very popular with papercrafters.

dinah46

Quote from: mizgeorge on April 21, 2008, 10:54:30 PM
If you search for 'page pebbles', you'll find them in lots of different shapes and sizes. They're very popular with papercrafters.

Now that is one description I would never have come up with ::)