Cutting up pot melts

Started by dawn, March 20, 2008, 02:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeldazog

Just a reminder, I think Dennis's schedule (and thank you Dennis for all your fab info that you supply!) is for Spectrum 96 - isn't it?

You'll need to adjust slightly if you're using Bullseye.  And dont' forget to convert to celsius if that's what you use.

Dawn

Dennis Brady

Quote from: zeldazog on April 30, 2008, 09:07:59 PM
Just a reminder, I think Dennis's schedule (and thank you Dennis for all your fab info that you supply!) is for Spectrum 96 - isn't it?

You'll need to adjust slightly if you're using Bullseye.  And dont' forget to convert to celsius if that's what you use.

Dawn

Correct.
For Bullseye add 25F to all top temperatures.

Pat from Canvey

I bought my pots from a local gardening store and bought ones that said they were OK with frost. I've never had one crack yet. Maybe yours in USA or Canada are made with a slightly different formulation of clay. I think UK ones are imports from mainly Italy. They may also be fired to a higher temperature during manufacture. I like the fact that I can drill extra holes with a masonry drill where ever I want to make different patterns in the melt. You can also plug up the existing hole with a broken piece of terracotta. I've also made my own "pots" from white clay fired to bisque. All you really need is a bowl shape to initially hold the glass. It doesn't have to be great and can be lopsided too but it doesn't affect the melt.

Pat from Canvey

Sorry, I forgot to put in the link to a melt I did a couple of years ago.
http://kiloalphatango.com/latest_pot_melt
There are a couple of other posts there too on pot melts.

ThermalShock

Thank you to all for all your valuable advice - I am going to have a go this weekend, I will post some pics (shoud I be successul that is!!)

Cheers

Jude ;D
My one fear is that when I die, my husband will find out what I really spent on glass!!