How does the Quick release unit work on Martin's bulk propane setup?

Started by TiaraHelen, May 31, 2008, 09:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiaraHelen

I have my propane tank outside the kitchen window, a pipe feeding in and my hothead on the kitchen table. After 2 hours' joyful torch time (kids watching final of ?? and hubby out on the town) I have to put it away and I don't know how to undo the quick release unit I just bought from Martin... I finally got the regulator bit to screw on tight without leaking, I really don't want to take it off!

Urgent hints please????
Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

June

Just push the two ends together to do them up and pull them apart when finished.

turnedlight

You have to push the sleeve part up towards the tank end - I had trouble with mine at first, it's still very stiff but it should go if you push hard enough! If you haven't bled the hose (ie opened the torch after turning off the propane) the valve will come apart with a hiss, but don't worry.. good luck!
kathryn

Shirley

The quick release is the bit with the red arrows on it. You need to get hold of it behind the arrows, and then push it in the direction of the arrows. It sort of slides along and you should hear the pressure release and the thing separates. I'm assuming it's the same as the one I've got, anyway :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

TiaraHelen

Bingo! It worked, I think it was the cursing that did it in the end...
Thanks for the warning about the hiss, it still made me jump but at least it didn't scare me to death (I've been a wee bit jumpy about being on the end of 13kg propane as it is)

I knew you'd come through for me, thanks so much. ::)
Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".