oxycon

Started by beads-on-toast, March 13, 2008, 08:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassworks

these oxycon's ALWAYS flake out in the winter months though - we've had a few too... i think that the recon units are really sensitive to temp/humidity this time of year..

martin has been around recently i've had some emails from him - must just be the weekend events methinks..

8)

Sulis (Hazel)

I spoke to Martin earlier about some postage - so I know he was around today. Maybe just really busy.  :-\

Mine is 4.5 on a green light. Is 4.5 the ideal pressure?
Hazel x

Vicki

my little ball is right at the top, I turned it down but it chugged out, so it seems to like it like that ::) It runs on green mostly, but sometimes on amber :)

Lyn G

Mine is set at 4.0 and the light is always green.

My previous oxycon was a nightmare......it used to cut out every 5 minutes for the first 20 mins or so and the light was always amber. :(  For the first two months I used it, I didn't have a single day when it didn't cut out.  I just thought this was what they did.  I eventually spoke to Martin about it and he changed it straight away........the new one has been wonderful.  :) :)

Marionbead

Mine's usually on green but when I turn the oxygen up full pelt to do a large bead it goes amber for a while and eventually conks out but will restart fairly quickly.  It always lets me know when I'm abusing it.

ejralph

Quote from: glassworks on March 14, 2008, 05:10:57 PM
these oxycon's ALWAYS flake out in the winter months though - we've had a few too... i think that the recon units are really sensitive to temp/humidity this time of year..

martin has been around recently i've had some emails from him - must just be the weekend events methinks..

8)

This is so true

My first oxycon used to always be going onto amber until I moved it inside. I now have both inside and run a long hose to my shed. They WAY prefer living indoors, southern softies that they are. I also prefer to torch without the chug-chug-Ahhhhh in my ear all day.

Every now and then it will still go onto amber - usually nearing the end of a long day's torching though. I can tell from the flame when that happens. Amber oxycons really do not give the same performance as those running on green, so well worth getting it sorted out if you can.

Emma

meliom

I have been reading this thread with interest.  I feel incredibly foolish as I did not even know the light changed colour on the oxycon!   I am sure there were instructions when it arrived but with all the excitement i have probably put them somewhere very safe..never to be seen again...  I have it set to just under 5 and my light is always on amber, I use it in the conservatory but I do have all the windows and doors open and there is no dampness.   Am I damaging the unit by continuing to use it?   ???

glassworks

nope - not at all... the amber light indicates that the onboard sensor has detected that the oxy is under 87% pure (depending on model - but they are all close)... it cannot harm the oxycon in any way - but turning the flow rate down to 4,5 might make a difference in the quality of the oxy coming out.. most every oxycon sold for beading is a recon unit - so they all are no longer approved for medical use.. the amber light is something from the medical days - and is only really an indication that it is struglling a little to produce medically pure oxy..

8)

catriona

Ive got a green light at the of on switch but at the other bit where it saysnormal belownormal and not working i have never had a light is this ok .
xxcatxx

greenbeadenvy

Do you know....I have no idea what-so-ever! ??? I haven't looked at it since the day I got it LOL. It's under my desk and I just stick my hand under and turn it to about there...ish.
Emma xx

June

LOL - There's nothing like a technical explanation for these things !!!   ;D ;D   I don't have an oxycon as yet, but am reading with interested for when I do get there !

greenbeadenvy

Quote from: June on March 17, 2008, 04:38:58 PM
LOL - There's nothing like a technical explanation for these things !!!   ;D ;D   I don't have an oxycon as yet, but am reading with interested for when I do get there !
LOL have you not read my tutorials? I am well know for my complicated technical phrases and explanations ;D
Emma xx