Show me your ventilation system!!Please...:)

Started by Lampwork_newbie, February 13, 2008, 02:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caroline

Quote from: Sulis on February 14, 2008, 05:19:23 PM
Hi Caroline, when using a cooker hood do you leave the filter in or take them out all together? I am assuming that you are venting to the outside rather than just filtering and recycling the air?

Thanks
:)

hehe, sorry i should of explained better, i do vent outside and i took the filters out, so sorry, i need to learn to explain myself better

Sulis (Hazel)

Thanks Caroline  ;D

Well, I got my cooker hood up (minus filters and with external venting as described)......and.....

IT'S GREAT!!!
I used to get athsma after an hour's torching, now nothing. So I know it's working!

For anyone interested, I just used a standard cooker hood, no filters, flexible, stretchy aluminium tubing to vent to the outside through a hole in the upper part of the shed wall, wire mesh to cover the outside end of the tubing to prevent animals from getting in - that's it. The cooker hood was just an old one from Freecycle, tubing was left over from doing up the kitchen, wire mesh was from the garden, so all it cost nothing. I keep it running on full when I'm in residence though, and I only use soft glass with the odd bit of silver so far.

Thanks for the tips. Hope everyone else is sorted?!

x
Hazel x

Lampwork_newbie

Quote from: Sulis on February 18, 2008, 01:29:37 AM
Thanks Caroline  ;D

Well, I got my cooker hood up (minus filters and with external venting as described)......and.....

IT'S GREAT!!!
I used to get athsma after an hour's torching, now nothing. So I know it's working!

For anyone interested, I just used a standard cooker hood, no filters, flexible, stretchy aluminium tubing to vent to the outside through a hole in the upper part of the shed wall, wire mesh to cover the outside end of the tubing to prevent animals from getting in - that's it. The cooker hood was just an old one from Freecycle, tubing was left over from doing up the kitchen, wire mesh was from the garden, so all it cost nothing. I keep it running on full when I'm in residence though, and I only use soft glass with the odd bit of silver so far.

Thanks for the tips. Hope everyone else is sorted?!

x

Thank you....:)This is a great option for me that doesnt cost too much...;-)