Goddesses, hearts and other 'round' things

Started by sparrow, January 25, 2008, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

I tried to make an upright heart today...one of those with a vertical hole....all was going well until I lost a curve (one of the sides....I *did* try to encase it, silly me!), and I realised I had no tool to get that inward curve back. Outward curves (convex), yes, you can kind of stroke it into shape on your marver, but inward ones? How do your goddesses get their shape if you stare into space for a second and the glass goes gloopy? How does one do a concave curve?  ??? ??? Me=puzzled - again!  :D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Caroline

why don't you have a route round the tutorial section of the forum, there might be some good tutorials for you

♥♥Tan♥♥

I dont understand what you mean by the inward curve?

Sarah

Do you mean the indentation in the top of the heart?

Clare Scott

sparrow

No, I mean any inward curve, so in goddesses waists and stuff, in hearts the sides on the outside - errr....I like in the photo. All my tools have edges, so the only way I can work out is gravity  :) I'll have a rummage through the tuts as well  :)

Oh, overlapped with Clare. Gravity it is, then  :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

turnedlight

Let it droop down (upside down) and add a ring of glass at the pointy bottom end, then melt it in and you might get the curves back!
kathryn

Sarah

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I lost my goddess's waist yesterday (careless, I know  ;) ) and tried to get it back with the barrel of one of BeadySam'e pointy tools. It helped a little but in the end I had to melt, add glass and use gravity (she turned out not too Picassoish in the end too  ;D )

sparrow

Cool, looks like I just lost patience too soon - will persevere! Thanks!

Have I seen your goddess, Donna? Do share!  :)
Sabine x

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Here's a rather Picassoish one that I managed to get a CZ into - wow that is so hard to do!!!
Yesterday's was a bit less wonky  ;D

sparrow

Oooh, she's lovely - I haven't tried one yet....kind of picking my battles at the moment :)
Sabine x

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I need to be a bit more generous with my curves - back to melting, adding glass and using gravity  ;D ;D