Counterfeit Bullseye Glass alert

Started by Zeldazog, October 01, 2018, 06:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeldazog

It's been brought to the attention of a fusing group I am in on Facebook that there are sellers on Ebay selling glass that is not genuine Bullseye

This has come from Warm Glass UK who obtained some and did some testing, and it's showing devitrification and incompatibility issues.  Several people have posted that they've had some issues, so it's not scare-mongering by a retailer to attempt to garner the market.

Just thought I would share here - one of the reasons I use Bullseye, despite it being (at least at one time) probably the more expensive brand is because if it's consistency and reliability - learning to fuse glass can be difficult enough as it is without the confusion of dodgy glass causing problems.  I've not come across the seller/selllers (I think there's more than one at it) myself as I just go straight to my two or three favoured suppliers.  It might seem cheaper to buy elsewhere, but not if a bit of cheap, counterfeit glass ruins a whole project.

BeeBeads

Thanks very much for the warning, Dawn.  Much appreciated.

Moira HFG

Thanks for the warning.
I haven't noticed counterfeit sellers - but I too only normally use the same trusted suppliers.

Zeldazog

Quote from: Moira HFG on October 02, 2018, 10:44:40 PM
Thanks for the warning.
I haven't noticed counterfeit sellers - but I too only normally use the same trusted suppliers.

Well, I guess they're not going to advertise the fact they're not selling genuine Bullseye...  ;)