Where to buy night light attachments/making a babies night light?

Started by Flowers, November 18, 2020, 07:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flowers

Hellooo I hope you are all safe and well.  I could really do with a little help or advice please 🙂
My neighbour has a new little baby and I have made a coaster size fused glass piece to attach on a night nightlight.  Problem is now I have made the piece I do not have the nightlight or attachments.  I have searched the internet and all I find are American nightlights I think they may have bulbs behind I'm not sure and it is possible to buy kits from Delphi Glass in America but the prongs for the plug socket is not right for the UK.
Please could anyone advise me as to where I can buy the correct attachments and fittings/nightlights etc to make this? Or does anyone have a tutorial they would be willing to share please?
Thank you so very much

Nicknack

Hi. I don't know where to buy them, but, as a last resort, you could get an American one and an adapter. You can get them from Boots, and probably online. It fits our plugs, with holes for the US plug in it.

Nick

Flowers

Hi Nick
Thank you for the great idea I did think of this but would I need a transformer as we are on a lower voltage than in America?  I really don't know how the electrical stuff works :-)

mizgeorge

Unfortunately our 220/240 voltage would fry one from the US.

I wonder if you could adapt one of the flat square plug in nightlights from Amazon etc? I suspect the front panel may well be about the right size to replace with your fused piece. Otherwise, perhaps just make a little stand with a warm tone LED light behind it.

Alternatively, it might be worth contacting one of the stained glass suppliers - I'm sure I've seen a kit version somewhere in the UK.

Moira HFG

Flowers

Thank you all so much for the really great help and advice.  Moira I think that the nightlight you have sent a link to may be ideal in all my searching I couldn't find one like that with the sensor at the bottom so the glass doesn't cover it.  I think it may work I will order one to try.
Thank you all soooo much.