Theme 2 - Sun Mar/Apr

Started by beads-on-toast, March 03, 2007, 08:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beads-on-toast

Right chaps, sorry this has taken so long!!

This is the second theme challenge on Frit happens and it is

THE SUN

You can make anythin that takes your fancy however the item must represent the Sun or be sun based

A focal, a set a critter it is completely up to you.

We shall then award the winner with the winners avatar. You then have this avatar forever as they will be individual and dated

Sound good?

So lets go!!!

The next theme challenge will be started in May

glassworks

i'm putting bevs "solar" beads into this one!!!! - guess i'd better tell her... these look like little solar flares to me...

;D

BeadyBugs

Lovely beads Jaz - that orange is scrumptious - I might have to get me some of that. ;D

I broke out various trans and opaque oranges and yellows,  and these 'Sunspot' beads dropped off my mandrel, best put on your sunglasses. ;D

HP x
Helen P

LesleyMac

Here is my sun effort, well its bright anyhow, back and front

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Mary

I like the challenges, I'd never have done this normally, and I really like it!

Sarah

Beautiful beads everyone - I love your colours Lesley & Mary yours is so much fun! I've been playing with enamels & this is red & orange on ivory  :)

Carol

Here's one very lonely little bead for the "sun" theme - not brilliant but I like the colours!!
Carol

*rowanberry*

Fab stuff everyone.

I dunno if I am too late....
I've done 2 sun pieces, one a rainbow sun and one firely sun pendant. Pictures are a tad poo, much nicer in real life!

Claire

silverlemon

OK, so here are my sun beads, just a bit of fun, and fun to do. Sorry they're late, I've had a few problems fitting in torch time and getting my kiln to anneal.

2 sets of beads, first a spikey sun set,

then a bead with a Van Gogh inspired sunflower and a sun on the back of the same bead.

Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

Carol

Seeing it's still April, thought I'd stick another effort in here - please excuse the bead release, not got around to cleaning it yet!
Carol