Breathing Masks

Started by Hil, January 13, 2008, 11:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hil

Thanks guys - you've all been really helpful.  This is such a serious matter and it's made me very nervous.  I can still feel the effects today and have even contemplated going to the Docs for a checkup.  I'm going to have to get this sorted really quickly as I can't possibly go without lampworking for long!!

Hil x
Is there anybody out there?

www.SpaTownBeads0407.etsy.com

beadysam

I have a big hydroponics fan from ebay - about £100 2nd hand.  Hubby is a bit of an electrics whizz so he popped a dimmer switch on it so I can run it multi-speed.  It runs on low most of the time, but for frits I whack it up a bit, enamels and silver its on full blast and scares the squirrels!!!  It is in the shed next door though so I don't hear it unless its on full - it sounds like a jet engine!!! :o

dinah46

Quote from: *rowanberry* on January 14, 2008, 12:59:33 PM

What rate are you looking for? because when I looked I found that many on ebay were too powerful! Also if you built a little box like Caroline you need a lower rate as the fumes are encapsulated in a smaller area.

TBH some people just use cooker hoods and fans... I would have myself but my shed walls wouldnt cope.

Sorry Clare - I got chucked off line when I was about to reply to your post :( and then the day job got in the way.

I've just been searching for the calculations that I was looking at last time I searched ebay but can't find it. I have however found this older thread

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1090.0  which also has some good links so I'll start measuring and calculating again.

It seems I need to build myself a box and fit a hood or a fan to it. Not sure my woodworking skills are up to it ::)

Thanks for your help everyone