Re: Themed S&T: Hearts galllery

Started by Les, January 22, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalorlo

Hearts! These are ones that didn't go to the bead swap, and I have more to photograph. I was having fun  ;D

Off-mandrel hearts takes 2 and 3. Loops still tricksy!

A dotty pressed etched heart (made too long for the press so had to improvise a bit). Really like it but the bottom bead hole is a little chipped:

And one that is the right size, but I kinda think I fuglified it:

Kay24

I'm feeling brave so decided to show a few hearts I have made, I'm sure you will all guess who's tut I have been following  ;D

SAM_0136 by lovelampwork, on Flickr

SAM_0148 by lovelampwork, on Flickr

SAM_0151 by lovelampwork, on Flickr

I don't know why the last one has all those speckles on, maybe someone can shed some light???

Magpie

No idea, but you could say it's deliberate.

I made some off mandrel sculptural hearts thanks to instructions in another thread.

Off mandrel sculptural hearts by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr
My first go at off mandrel stuff, probably not best to have used incredibly shocky hard to melt recycled bottle glass. Also the little frit swirl on the right of the right one has compatibility 'issues', but better than the third one which is in 2 neat pieces.  ;D

Kalorlo

Oh, I love that, Josephine!

Helen: ooh, those are looking nice and puffy. I like!

Kay, those are great! Keep showing  ;D
I'm not sure about the black speckles - your torch might have coughed up some sparks, or your shaping tool or glass might have had dust on it, but it looks like something that happened on the surface only, so I'm guessing not the glass.

An off-mandrel heart in white opalino with raku frit. I didn't get it hot enough to strike properly (though hot enough that I have a little bit of black veining in the opalino), but I like the effect anyway.

Josephine