oxy con spares

Started by tuffnell glass, July 28, 2010, 05:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuffnell glass

Hi ,

The website is getting bigger and bigger this week , you see the girls go to the U.S and it leaves me to get all this work done . We have added a new section for oxy-con spares , fans , filters and Christmas tree connectors . As more supplies arrive we will add more including replacement hose internal and external and hopeful service and general repair downloads too .

You can see the page at ,

http://www.tuffnellglass.com/contents/en-uk/d103.html

Cheers ,

martin

tuffnellglass@yahoo.co.uk
www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Billie

Fantastic!  Thanks Martin  ;D

Dragonfire Glass

That's brilliant - not that I've had a minute's problem with mine  ;D

ejralph

Great news!

What are the box filters, where do they fit and how do I know if i need one?

Ta!

Emma

Jolene

This is such great news Martin, thank you.

Steampunkglass

tuffnell glass

Hi Emma ,

The box filters are usually hidden behind a plastic door . On the modern Devilbis you need to pull the flap off the top at the rear behind the handle . On the Companion models , looking from the front there is a door on the right hand side next to the sponge triangle .
              The filters are intake filters so they stop any dust , muck and other rubbish getting into the oxy-con and normally when your filter is black and greasy looking then you need to change it .

Cheers ,

martin

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

ejralph

thanks martin

will check on mine and see if they need replacing.

Emma

mel

Just got to add that my oxycon kept randomly cutting out, maybe once every 2-3 torching sessions and was getting very annoying. I reckoned I should try changing the internal filter as I've had the unit so long, and HEY BLOOMING PRESTO what a difference. Much better oxygen pressure-even though the bobbolometer said 5 before the change and 5 after, so now a much hotter flame which suits me fine and so far no cutting out. Reckon I was using a lower concentration of 02 or something. SO, I'm going to do this annually now as it made such a massive difference and would recommend others to as well!
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

tuffnell glass

Hi ,

thats really good news ,

Martin

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk