Helppppp arghhhh can tipped type marks be removed from fused glass?

Started by Flowers, October 23, 2017, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flowers

Oh no what have I done I am so upset.  I tack fused three pieces of glass on one of the pieces of opaque there was a white marking that looked like tippex I think the price was written on like this from the vendors, I thought it wouldn't burn off on a high firing.  I have just taken it out amd it is still there fused in my piece.  What can I do? Is there a way to get rid of it or do I have to start again???? I am so upset. I don't know if I can attach a photo to show how it looks

Zeldazog

Re photos, you can't upload them to the forum, you have to find an external hosting.  This gives info on how to post photos, although I've not checked it lately, it may be a bit out of date!

https://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23036.0

The white marks are probably now fused to the glass I am afraid to say.  It was probably something like a britemark pen, deliberately designed not to just rub off, which can easily be removed pre-firing with acetone or scraped off.

Once fired, probably the only chance of removing it would be to sand-blast it off, if it's even on the top surface (and not sandwiched?).

Cleaning glass thoroughly and making sure there's nothing on there is of upmost importance with fusing - even fingerprints can fire on, never mind pens....

Flowers

Oh dear well at least I have learnt a lesson.  I cleaned the glass but did think that whatever it was would burn off by firing.  I have learnt from this to not just assume and start again.
Thank you for the details on uploading pics  :)