Beadable cufflinks or brooch?

Started by babyshoes, October 26, 2016, 04:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyshoes

A quick google hasn't brought up anything suitable - was wondering if there are any beadable cufflinks or brooches/lapel pins available? Have recently started making memory beads with ashes/hair/fur and there aren't many options for men apart from keyrings. Does anyone have any other ideas of beadable items I could offer?

Do other people making ashes beads make cabochons rather than beads for these sorts of things?

Lynnybobs

Mizgeorge does a kit for cufflinks that allows you to use a bead - it has a large headed headpin to attach to the chain and toggle.
I have been trying out various ideas for a memorial keepsake for my husband and brother in law as they lost their Dad earlier this year and think i will end up using the cufflink kits.
I have tried to make cabs with the ashes but they don't look very nice but that might just be me !
I already made big hole beads for my sisters in law and nieces (as they all have Pandora bracelets) which I will give them when the ashes are scattered.
Lynnybobs
----x----

mizgeorge

I have a lot of customers who've used the cufflink kits for memorial beads.

http://mizgeorge.co.uk/product.php?id_product=66

Others simply make a single bead (often silver cored) to wear on a leather or cotton cord, which a lot of men are happy to wear either as a necklace or bracelet.

(apologies for the bit of self-promotion there!)

babyshoes