Frit-Happens !
December 11, 2019, 01:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Leatherbarrow's crackle technique  (Read 1661 times)
flame n fuse
Forum Member

« on: January 12, 2016, 06:16:34 PM »

Hi, I've been playing around with this today. The tutorial is very well written. Attached is a pic of my first attempt, I used pumpkin yellow and deep royal blue powders and tekta clear. The blue seems to have mostly vanished, but I'm still pretty pleased with this. I can see lots of opportunities for working with powders in related ways.
(I'm resizing it in photobucket, but the resize doesn't seem to carry through.
Moira HFG
Half Full Glass
Forum Member

Ever the optimist

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:01:22 AM »

I like that very much. Wonderful subtle grades of colour and shape going on in it. It calls to mind leaves, and dragonfly wings!

One of the things I love about glass is that you can mix colours that in paint would give you muddy grey; whereas in glass you get something much more interesting!

GaysieMay
I think, therefore I worry!
Forum Member

The hair is always in need of taming!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:13:14 AM »

What a lovely effect, will you cut this and slump it?

flame n fuse
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 05:17:33 AM »

The actual piece is only about 16 cm wide so I probably will just keep it as a sample. I think that next I will do some test pieces with different colour combos before doing a bigger piece for slumping. The final thickness is about 4.5 mm, rather than the usual 6mm, so will be interesting to see how it slumps, but it'll make a more delicate bowl than usual. It's quite rough on the base and I might cut this piece in half and play with fire-polishing etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: