cutting systems

Started by sandmor1, December 25, 2015, 09:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandmor1

Merry Christmas to everyone..

I was fortunate to be given a voucher for WG and would like to spend it on a cutting system. I have been looking at the Morton system and the GManu.

As both of these are expensive items (plus the add ons )I would like to make sure I get it right first time.

At the moment I am using the Silberschnitt rollup mat but I want something better now.

If anyone using either of the Morton or Gmanu  systems like to pass on their thoughts, I would be most grateful.

Sandra

Pat from Canvey

I've never used any cutting system just practiced to perfect my freehand cutting over the years until I could cut any type of curve with ease. I also used an old piece of carpet as my cutting mat. Here a panel I made many years ago, 

JKC

I have a large morton cutting system which i will be selling in the New Year, reviews are available on tempsfordglass.com.  Janet

sandmor1

Janet..I would be very interested in buying your Morton  system. I can wait for a couple of weeks until you are ready. If you could just get in touch with me ....
Thanks
Sandra

Moira HFG

I've no experience of Gmanu, but the Morton system is great for cutting repeat geometric shapes quickly. If you're making lampshades or panels of regular shapes, it saves a lot of time and bother, and you can be confident the angles will be right every time.

As Pat says, it's no great help for irregular shapes.

ajda

Amazing piece of work there, Pat! (Sorry, can't offer any advice on cutting systems.)
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Pat from Canvey

Thanks Alan. It was made months after a serious car crash caused by someone else to celebrate the fact that all five of us were still alive. The car, a Volvo, unhappily, didn't, but it did save our lives.

ruth

Volvos are great cars.
Ruth
Frittering the children's inheritance.