Another question!

Started by Penglass, September 23, 2015, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penglass

Whenever i try and fuse with that textured dichroic it never comes out right but always with a bit of the edge showing or a distorted shap. Anyone know why?

Zeldazog

A photo might help explain what you mean.

Also, are you using one or two layers, is it capped, what is your fusing program?

Penglass

How do I post  photo????
I cap it and fully fuse at 804. I have tried both 3mm and 4mm glass as the warm glass site says dichroic is only 2mm.

Rascal

Hi, I post photo's from Flickr. When you click on the photo you want in flickr, on the right hand side you get 4 icons, one of which is an arrow 'share photo'. If you click on the arrow, a box appears and you want the bbcode tab. Then you just copy and paste the link into your post on here. There is a choice of sizes, I normally do small or medium.

If you then do preview, you can check the photo appears before you click post.

Sorry can't help with posting from other sites or apps.

If this doesn't make sense, try doing a search on this forum (make sure you are on the main home page when using search) and I'm sure others have posted with answers that make more sense or using other apps/sites.

Margram

Are you remembering to cut the top layer of clear a bit bigger than the dichroic?
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Zeldazog

Penglass

I do cut the top layer bigger though I never seem to get it quite right, either too big or too small. I also tried Warm Glass's method of firing at 760 to get a more square cab but that's a disaster - they're just 'tacked' together. I'm very disheartned.....

Rascal

Don't get disheartened, like anything it takes a lot of time and practise to get good at it. Not sure how long you have been doing fusing, do you live near someone you could have a lesson with?

flame n fuse

have you tried to do the same with ordinary glass, not dichroic - and do you get the same problem?

Penglass

I'm better with flat dichroic but any of the textured ones don't cover properly.Either they don't have enough topping or it spreads out past the dichro! It's a mystery.... I tried fusing at 780 last night and that was better though I didn't use any textured. x

flame n fuse

this   http://harrachglass.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/fusing-textured-dichroic-glass-with.html suggests putting clear frit into the dips - that might help the lack of topping problem.

Penglass

OMG! I hadn't thought of that. That explains why it spreads out at 804. Will give it a go. Thank you :)

Moira HFG

I hadn't seen the Harrach blog before - it's brilliant, thanks for the post!