Maxine versus bluebird - pros and cons

Started by Lindy, November 25, 2015, 11:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindy

Hello.
I already have a paragon xpress and am looking for a kiln specifically for bead annealing. I am looking at the maxine and the bluebird.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on either.

Also if Lee the kiln care guy is around, I'very sent through an email for a quote for a bead cube but will send another through for a quote for a maxine. Cheers.

JKC

Hi I have a Maxine and they are great, the kiln are kilns are very reliable the service is easier and I prefer the programming to the paragon ones, however I have no experience of a bluebird as I have only used the the sc2,3 and the caldera.

The kilncare prices are all available on the website if you click on the pricing icon on the right hand side.

I'm sure someone else will have used the bluebird and can tell you what they think of it.  Good luck.

Janet

Lindy

Thanks Janet for your reply.
The kiln care ones get a good review too and they are lighter. I'm in new Zealand so i need to get a quote on the freight too

Steampunkglass

I have a bluebird, although it is an older version, and having used a Maxine and other kilncare kilns in other workshops I prefer the Maxine or a beadcube.

Lee - Kilncare

Quote from: Lindy on November 25, 2015, 11:58:53 PM
Also if Lee the kiln care guy is around, I'very sent through an email for a quote for a bead cube but will send another through for a quote for a maxine. Cheers.
Hi Lindy, I am just waiting on the shipping price. I will get one for the MAXI too and let you have that at the same time.
Lee

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Pegasus

My opinion? KILNCARE
Simply because they are UK based and their supprt and service are above and beyond what you would expect. If anything should fail with a Kilncare kiln, as eventually things probably will, as with any kiln, Lee and the team make it extremely easy to sort out. I can't praise them highly enough. 100% trustworthy and one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had......!!!
~ BEV ~
www.pegasuslampworktools.co.uk      

Lindy

Some great reviews for the maxiNE.  Thank you.

GaysieMay

Another Maxine fan here. Lee's service is second to none. Fast efficient and very fair.
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Shirley

I might be wrong, but aren't the doors bigger on a Maxi than on a Bluebird? Making it easier to get lots of beads in. I have a Maxi and can only agree with what others have said to recommend it.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver