Main Menu

wich frit on red/orange

Started by petrahergarden, November 17, 2015, 10:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petrahergarden

Hi everybody,
I have a lot of glass in the colours red, yellow and orange, and i'm a real frit addict.
So I like to combine these two, but until now I did not find a good combination
Is there a frit that goes well on red, yellow or orange???

Nikki

DementedMagpie

Personally, I like combining red (especially transparent) with white or cream/ivory. And maybe a bit of goldstone.
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

petrahergarden

Wel actually I mean fritblends, that's what i have, a whoooooole lot! :D
So do you know a fritblend that goes well over red, orange and yellow.

helbels

Anything with turquoise in it would contrast nicely with the red/orange. You might need to encase the bead in clear first though before rolling in frit, otherwise the blue and red/orange will react.

spexy

I always find it hard to come up with a good combination for red/yellow glass. In this pair I used silver foil over Spanish Leather and then rolled in Californian Poppies frit blend from Val Cox. I used the fact that the red glass turns black when rolled in the silver foil.

Fire headpin and bead set by Linda Newnham, on Flickr[/url]

This was Apricot Yellow with a red/blue frit blend, I can't remember the name off hand and I've sprained my ankle so I can't go and look for you.

apricot yellow ruffled discs (1 of 2) by Linda Newnham, on Flickr[/url]

And this was a Plowden and Thompson orange with a pink/purple frit blend. Ditto the name.

orange discs by Linda Newnham, on Flickr[/url]

I hope that gives you some ideas.

flame n fuse

petrahergarden

Quote from: spexy on November 18, 2015, 12:22:21 PM
I always find it hard to come up with a good combination for red/yellow glass. In this pair I used silver foil over Spanish Leather and then rolled in Californian Poppies frit blend from Val Cox. I used the fact that the red glass turns black when rolled in the silver foil.

Fire headpin and bead set by Linda Newnham, on Flickr[/url]

This was Apricot Yellow with a red/blue frit blend, I can't remember the name off hand and I've sprained my ankle so I can't go and look for you.

apricot yellow ruffled discs (1 of 2) by Linda Newnham, on Flickr[/url]

And this was a Plowden and Thompson orange with a pink/purple frit blend. Ditto the name.

orange discs by Linda Newnham, on Flickr[/url]

I hope that gives you some ideas.
That looks really nice, especially the discs! I am going to play tomorrow, ! Thanks