Paragon SC2 tCL error - Cherry Heaven unavailable

Started by Donna@Rockin' Beads, July 24, 2012, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee - Kilncare

Hi Margram, the SC2 relay mentioned in this post will work your SC3 just fine.

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Margram

Oh, thanks Lee! I went for it on spec, so that's a relief 8)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Margram

Eric has been on his back on the operating table and has had a successful procedure. His temperature is now rising to normal, WOOHOO! ;D 8) :-*
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Lee - Kilncare

Quote from: Margram on May 13, 2014, 01:22:53 PM
Eric has been on his back on the operating table and has had a successful procedure. His temperature is now rising to normal, WOOHOO! ;D 8) :-*
;D

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

marklaird

Quote from: Trudi on July 27, 2012, 11:30:48 AM
If you need a relay you can get them from Pennine Components

Tel 017060815737 the part number is 4952343
T92 series, Flange Mounted, 30A, DP N/O

When I got mine last year it was £6.60 + VAT and delivery was £6.50

I have some instructions showing you how to change this but not on me at the moment (I'm at work) but if you send me a private message, it will remind me when I get home. It's easy to do, even a dummy like me managed it.

Hope that helps!

Trudi x

Would just like to say how excellent the service from Pennine Components is. Ordered the part yesterday (well two actually) and it arrived today - less than 24 hours. The relay is still only 6.60 but as delivery was almost the same price I ordered two and will keep one on the shelf.

Rascal

Hope it fixes it Mark, it didn't for me so I ended up changing the thermocouple. But Cherry Heaven and KilnCare were both really helpful, especially as the thermocouple in the kiln instructions wasn't the one which was fitted to my kiln! We had to liaise with Paragon in the states for which one was the right thermocouple, but Cherry Heaven got the right part and instructions.

Fingers crossed yours in more straight forward but if not let me know and I can give you more information on we had to do.

Trudi

Hi Mark

Glad that you had good service from Pennine. Do you have the instructions to change it  ... I found it very easy but my tip would be to take a picture of the old one installed before you start and to change one wire at a time so that you get them on right!

Trudi

marklaird

All working now - I did as the Paragon instructions said and transferred one wire at a time. Took at total of about 15 minutes and that included getting the bottom off the kiln.
Must say that the information on this forum proved to be so useful again.