A big thanks to.......

Started by tuffnell glass, April 16, 2015, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuffnell glass

Hi,
      I am just starting to get over this years Flame Off and getting all my thoughts together .

Firstly and most importantly I need to thank everybody who helped with this years show, there really are too many to name individually as the show continues to grow behind the scenes and become a controllably( just) monster.

Everybody that helps with the set up , the marshalling of the benches, the auction , the break down and anything else I have forgotten about, the exhibitors that attend and make it a fantastic shopping event for everybody,the artists that make us all feel like we are not worthy and of course all of you who turned up and bought tickets as without any single one of the above the show would not work  so well.

Thank you so much and we'll see you all at other events throughout the year.

Who's counting down already for Flame Off 2016?

Best wishes ,

Martin
Tuffnell Glass

tuffnellglass@yahoo.co.uk
www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Enchanted Cobwebs

Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs

Nicknack

And me!  I couldn't make it this year, but fully intend to get there next year.

Nick

Calico Cat

Me  ;D

'Specially if it's at Uttoxeter

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

tuffnell glass

Hi ,
It will be at Uttoxeter in 2016, I cant see any reason to move it myself.

Best wishes ,

Martin

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Lynnybobs

Lynnybobs
----x----

tuffnell glass

Hi,
  Yes it is that.

Silverstone emailed me yesterday asking if we were coming back......thought about it for a second but then deleted the mail.

Best wishes ,

martin
Tuffnell Glass

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

MangoBeads

The cheek !!!!!

We will be there ;) at Uttoxeter I mean ;)

Won't be going to Silverstone because you won't all be there will you ;)

Lyn G

Am I the only one that quite liked Towcester?......especially as it was much closer for me.   :)

Trudi

I did like Towcester for the demos but the shopping part was crowded and badly lit. It was closer to me, but Uttoxeter is a much better venue!

Dragonfire Glass

Towcester was lovely and Flame off would probably still be there if it wasn't for the greyhound track, but Uttoxeter is a worthy replacement :)

Shirley

I liked Towcester for the demo's and because it was closer for me, as well as being near relatives who I could visit. It was a bit dark and pokey downstairs, though. Was never particularly keen on the accommodation I used either.

Uttoxeter is further but straightforward to get to. I like the layout, although it would be nice to get all vendors in the main hall. There seems to be a good range of better quality accommodation too.

My vote goes to.....Uttoxeter!
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

tuffnell glass

Hi,
  As Colette points out, if it were not for the greyhound track being built we would probably still be their but it just can not work when we would need  to pack up and be out of the grandstand for 5pm each night so the greyhound track can have an evening meeting each Friday and Saturday.

Best wishes ,

Martin
Tuffnell Glass

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Lynnybobs

I didn't know about the greyhound track but as a venue I liked Towcester but as has been said before found the shopping ares too dark and crowded to be able to browse properly and the cafe area has very little seating which was an issue at lunchtime - both of these are miles better at Uttoxeter.

I think Uttoxeter offers more light, space and flexibility as a future venue and transport links are pretty good too.
Lynnybobs
----x----