help!!! tonys not. breathing!!!

Started by qwirkyglass, March 17, 2015, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwirkyglass

Help!!!
In moving house I have lost the power lead for Tony my oxycon. :(
I have a house full of wires thanks to bf, but I don't want to use one with the wrong power, so, could
someone with a tuffnells devilbliss  515uk oxycon please tell me what fuse is in the plug,and if the plug says the voltage etc on it.
Thank you so much :)

Moira HFG

I don't know off hand what power these take, but I can tell you this: a 3 amp fuse will run equipment up to 720 watts, a 5 amp fuse will go up to 1200 watts. There should be a plate on it somewhere telling you what power it produces. If you can't find it, I'd just stick a 5A lead on it, that'll be fine.

All UK equipment, and all leads with a UK mains plug on, will be designed for 240 volts.

qwirkyglass

Thank you :)
I was worried about having the wrong fuse as our wiring is interesting and I didn't want to risk anything

Dragonfire Glass

Moira HFG

Not the best option! Kettle leads will have a 13 amp fuse........and be about 18 inches long!

tuffnell glass

Hi,
  Its a 5amp fused plug.

Martin

Tuffnell Glass

tuffnellglass@yahoo.co.uk
www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

qwirkyglass

HE'S ALLLIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEE!!!!!!!!
hehehe

thanks all. after moiras help last night we routed through the many boxes of wires under the bed and found a kettle lead with a 5a plug, plugged him in today and he works.

however i also realized i have no more bead release and after that i discovered i have no mandrels (making the bead release moot.)

maybe if i can eek out the last of my gas (dad took my bottle on scout camp and did not refill it) i can do some off mandrel stuff till FO :/