Bubble Glasslines

Started by Laura S, October 15, 2014, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura S

Any experts on bubble glassline out there? I have used them quite a lot with no problems. However, I did a 30cm square piece the other day and used more bubble glassline than usual and the glass cracked in the kiln. I used a programme I've been using for ages with no problems. The glass had no visible faults. Is this just a coincidence or should they be used sparingly?

Also, and this may be a rather stupid question but if I fire bubble glasslines with an elongated bubble squeeze will this squeeze out the bubbles from the glassline? Hope that makes sense.

Margram

Hi Laura and welcome to the forum! ;D

I'm not a regular fuser but was curious to know what this product is and looked on the Warm Glass site, finding this statement: 'Please note Bubble pens need thinning with water otherwise cracks may appear in your glass. Please follow the instructions on the bottle carefully'
Don't know if that helps - and don't know the answer to your second question...

Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

MeadMoon

I've never diluted them - hadn't noticed that statement - and haven't had problems, but I do use them very sparingly.  I don't know the answer to your second question either, but would suppose that it depends on what temperature the bubbles develop.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy