Frit-Happens !
September 23, 2017, 06:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Beach Buggy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Colour Challenge July 2014 - "Perfect Purples"  (Read 8353 times)
Jane C ♫
Forum Member

« on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:20 PM »

Thanks to Off-Mandrel, the Colour Pack for the Monthly Colour Challenge is now online.

No purchase is required to enter the challenge.

The colour is Vetrofond 272 Violet.

Off-Mandrel are kindly sponsoring this Challenge until the end of the year, and have some fab colours lined up. Get creating! Smiley

----------

INFORMATION (cribbed from last month's post)

Each month the lucky winner, chosen at random by Nammie, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line at www.off-mandrel.com

The draw will take place at the start of **AUGUST** with entries by midnight of the last day of July so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

The entries should be new work (no dredging the fugly jar or posting old pics) and should use this month’s colour in some way.

----------

FULL INFO HERE: http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=44703.0

The first “ MONTHLY COLOUR PACK “ is now on line and picked and labelled.

perfect purples at  £3.60 and includes
Vetrofond 272 Violet * 2
Vetrofond 082 Light Pink
Vetrofond 040 Light Amethyst
Effetre Trans 080 Lilac
Effetre Trans 272 Purple
CiM C0654 Grape Ape
CiM C0667 Poi

The P+P is a little higher than I first thought. But we are dealing with glass, so to avoide an envelope of frit needs must. Sorry.
Mark
 www.off-mandrel.com

PS Nammie - hope you don't mind me putting this up, but I thought people would find it easier if it had the usual title Smiley

Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website
Skyblue
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »

Am I missing any entries for this or has no one entered this colour challenge ?

Kalorlo
Forum Member

Heather Kelly Glass

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »

It might be a good idea to allow both the Effetre and Vetrofond versions of colours when one or the other is chosen, because a lot of them are the same (and have the same numbers).

Skyblue
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »

I have the effetre version if its ok to use

ARBeads
Monday, Tuesday WTF
Forum Member

It's Glass It Melts!

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »

I think we should stick with colours that are still in production, I find it very frustrating to buy a colour and then find I'm unable to reproduce beads as it's no longer made.

I hadn't realised that Vetrofond and Effetre used similar numbers.

Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!
Jane C ♫
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

To be honest I didn't enter because I am trying to stick to Effetre right now. If they are similar then yes please do give us the effetre codes too.

I wonder whether they (or someone) would be able to do a one rod sample (snipped in two for safer postage) for rod cost + large letter (+jiffy bag) postage price. I think that would encourage a lot more of us to try it.

Maybe we could take it in turns to buy a bundle and distribute it? I might be up for doing this one month (if I like the look of the colour!)

Oh, and as far as I'm aware no winner has been posted for the previous challenge either ... anyone seen Nammie recently?

Oh, and July's colour is still up on the Off-Mandrel site too...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:50:54 PM by Jane C ♫ » Logged

Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: