Main Menu

A bit late for Easter...

Started by ajda, April 24, 2014, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

oooo don't start me on talking about the best and worst blacks!  :-X :-X :-X I still haven't found anything better than Northstar's Jet Black, but their Ninja does have a nice blue tone to it.

Opaque reds I've found hard to get a nice one too. Carmen red is probably the best and brightest, I used to like Northstar's Poppy, but I don't know if it's just me but whenever and wherever I order it from now I get a more orange colour that looks like their Lava  ??? ??? ??? It certainly never seems to look like the poppy I originally got in my sample pack I got years ago, and I kept a small bit of that so I can compare it. I do find though when pulled down thin a lot of these reds go to a horrible muddy brown colour though  :-\

garishglobes

The latest lot of jet black I've had is showing a tendency to reduce :-( as indeed is the turbo cobalt, which does not please me at all!

Steampunkglass

I've always found turbo cobalt can reduce quite badly, it was when I found things I were making with it were going badly grey as the day went on that I realised one of my oxycons needed replacing! I've not had that problem with Jet black (yet  :-\) but I have with TAG's knight rider which I know is one a lot of people really like.

Marcel

i like onyx a lot and black violet and raven and cobalt i have no problem of greying
but than again mostly i am on bottle and 3X 5lpm concentrators ;)