cooling..

Started by sandmor1, April 18, 2014, 08:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandmor1

I usually take the fused piece out of the kiln when the kiln has reached 38c.

But I know that the temp inside the glass is higher.  Do I have to wait until the piece is cold before slumping it or can I go staight ahead and slump.

Thanks

Sandra

June

I've no idea but sometimes you just have to try things out! There are a lot of fusing forums about, have you looked at any of these?

Nicknack

Try it and see.  I don't think I'd worry, but I'm not exactly the world's most patient person! ::) :)

Nick

flaming beads

I'd just do it, as 38 isn't bad. But if you'd rather be sure, I'd ask Dawn Turner ;)

sandmor1

Quote from: June on April 18, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
I've no idea but sometimes you just have to try things out! There are a lot of fusing forums about, have you looked at any of these?

I have looked on quite a few sites and also googled the question but so far I haven't come up with an answer.

I guess I will have to bite the bullet and have a go but I think I'll try it with something I am not bothered about

Sandra

micpru

Should be fine I usually do it! X
Michaela x

Sarah A

If I'm short of time I've frequently taken things out at around 100 and wrapped them in a tea towel to cool. They stay warm for ages and are great hand warmers at a cold craft fair! Never had any problems...yet!

MeadMoon

In the past I have just gone ahead and slumped while the piece is still warmish and not had any problems yet.  I would be more worried about cracking the slumping mould if the kiln was significantly warmer than the mould to start off with.
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy