Advice for a Flame Off "Virgin"

Started by Purplicious, April 06, 2014, 10:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Quirky Bird on April 10, 2014, 08:54:26 AM
QuoteNot sure why I bought so much green, I don't really like green and my customers certainly don't!  (Perhaps it was some kind of initiation bet - can we get her to buy 2kg of hideous glass - they won!)

Could you have been wearing anything green when you bought all the green glass last year? I've noticed that I tend to be drawn to the colours I'm wearing that day. Don't know if this happens to anyone else, or whether this is yet another of my quirky traits  :D

So the question is, what colour do I wear tomorrow?? Perhaps multi coloured is the way to go.......

Abby

Unlikely to have been wearing green!  No, I was talked in to it.  It was a couple of years ago and I was a newbie so happy to have any recommendation. 

Saturday I will not be wearing green.  Someone let me know how cold it is in there (I've a faulty thermostat, I'm cold in 18C).
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Lynnybobs

It was not cold today for the classes and by tomorrow it will be full of stalls and people so expect it will be quite warm if weather is like today.  :)
Lynnybobs
----x----

Rob Bending - Chemical Brother

Only have 4 hours tomorrow as our girls have their production on in the evening.
As a Newbie, is it a good idea to bring our didy glasses?

DementedMagpie

Quote from: Rob_B on April 10, 2014, 10:53:55 PM
Only have 4 hours tomorrow as our girls have their production on in the evening.
As a Newbie, is it a good idea to bring our didy glasses?

I'm bringing mine. There should be a few pairs around for people to use, but just in case there aren't quite enough, it's not like they're heavy to carry around.
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Purplicious

Really looking forward to tomorrow - have didys, notebook, glass list (to avoid duplication), namebadge, and a horrible cold :(. Just finishing some "medicinal" red wine before getting some sleep.

Kathy

mad bunny

Hope to spot you at done point Kathy. I will have my badge on too. Also has my avatar pic on  ;) xx
Practice and Patience really does pay off!  Beads actually looking good  Yippee  :o

BeadyBugs

I had a lovely day yesterday - it was great to see you again Kathy.  ;D  And you too Virginia, Kathy (Kathryn Greer), Beccy, Manda and everyone else I chatted to.  Only wish I could have stayed longer, and given the lady I spoke to in the Tuffnell's queue (about fusing) a demo on the torches, as she was dying to try.

xxx
Helen P

Purplicious

Had a very enjoyable day yesterday - many thanks to everyone who said "hello" to me - I managed to meet both Mad Bunny and NickNack.

Lovely to see you too Helen - nice to meet Kathy (Greer) and others.

I particularly enjoyed talking to the various exhibitors and picked up some very useful tips and advice. I also managed to make a bauble and go to a couple of the excellent demos. And I didn't exactly leave empty-handed!  :)

Kathy

Nicknack

Lovely to meet you, Kathy, and Mad Bunny, Mark (James Knox), Bella, Pris, Tony, Nina, Leslie and Lindsey and everyone else I met for the first time.  Also great to see again everyone I met last year - Helen, Pauline, Ann, and Josh, Martin and Teresa (thank you for FO), Kim, Gay, Linda and Linda, Binty (sorry, I've got a mental block on your name) and Arthur, Mark, Maja, Amanda, all the Devon lot  :D, the lady I met on the way in who I know, but whose name escapes me (sorry), and all the others!

Nick xxx

Nicknack

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on April 07, 2014, 11:47:33 PM

Beware the temptation of someone else saying 'you must try this glass' as you wander around Tuffnell's stands - I bought a lot I'd probably not have bought, and having melted it, am sure I'd not have bought.  I have a lot of some weird green glass - swamp moss ??? left.  Not sure why I bought so much green, I don't really like green and my customers certainly don't!  (Perhaps it was some kind of initiation bet - can we get her to buy 2kg of hideous glass - they won!)

Sue, see P45 of SLT.  That gives a great use for Swamp Moss!

Nick x