Frit-Happens !
February 28, 2020, 03:47:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding reservoir chamber for reliable oxygen supply?  (Read 3100 times)
raul24
New Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 07:52:55 AM »

Cromwell.co.uk has portable air tanks made by air sip.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:50:23 AM by raul24 » Logged
Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 08:42:18 AM »

I looked at them before and they worked out more expensive in the longer run, plus the safety issues.

Am I missing something Glen? Surely if you have a tank reservoir of oxygen it's no more or less dangerous than tanked oxygen, unless there is a large pressure difference. The Cromwell link is https://www.cromwell.co.uk/index.php?search_all=portable+air+tanks&search.x=35&search.y=10&p=advancedsearch&q=0 But is does specify that it's an air tank. There may be safety regulations regarding the thickness of the wall of tanks meant for storing oxygen under pressure.

Steampunkglass
Forum Member

Will work for Cat-food and Glass

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »

Ta for the link Raul!

It should be safer Pat as (for me at least) it's just to hold some extra pressure whilst working, and then it can be run down and empty at the end of the day. I think some of these bigger set-ups are as a substitute for having to rely on tanked oxygen, and huge torches that get through a lot in a very short space of time, which as you say are just as dangerous as commercial tanks and maybe more dangerous as they are home-made systems

Hamilton Taylor
Hamilton Taylor Studio - Flameworked and Kilnformed Glass
Forum Member

Flameworked and Kilnformed Glass

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »

No, they aren't as dangerous; as you say Pat, there is a huge pressure difference. Bottles are around 2000psi when full; the tank I run pumps to 100psi or thereabouts. You don't need a huge pressure, it only has to be more than you need for the torch. Then, you put it through a regulator, same as you would on a bottle, and you're sorted! :-)

garishglobes
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »

Not to hijack, but Ruth, if you are thinking of a Sidewinder, talk to me first  Wink

I need one of these homefill systems too at some point, I think...

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 01:27:13 AM »

Not to hijack, but Ruth, if you are thinking of a Sidewinder, talk to me first  Wink
Who are you thinkig of aiming it at, Emma........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIM-9_Sidewinder

garishglobes
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 02:31:04 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

The question is, how to aim just one!  Cheesy Cheesy

Hotglass28
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »

found this.  With a bit of retro fitting or buying larger tanks from them. could be a solution.

Got a feeling they are expensive. one of them is 3,600 with vat.
http://www.healthoxygen.com/store/oxygen-cylinder-fillers.html

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: