creative gallery archive 2014

Started by Andy Davies, January 06, 2014, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyB

Hi Everyone

I made this:
My Photo Stream-902 by -BumblinBeads-

It took ages and was very fiddly - it's quite small. It was my first attempt at amigurami. I wanted to make something for my daughter who really likes rabbits and likes turquoise. She said she liked it, put it down and hasn't asked where it is since. I like it and am proud of it. She's not so bothered!

All about ami crochet rabbit by -BumblinBeads-

The yarn is from Yeoman who I would recommend. Look at the size of this cone of yarn for £12
My Photo Stream-906 by -BumblinBeads-

Sally
X

Pat from Canvey

I need to cold work the edges and firepolish but this is the result of fusing the murrini from the vitrigraph pull . I've learned a lot in the process and there are obvious imperfections but overall I'm happy. Note to self, do not put murrini from another length of cane to fill gaps (7 dark murrini on the left) (and a few more out of sync murrini bottom right). I just used sheet colours I already had in stock to fill the flower pot with circles.

Pat from Canvey

I made this using the canes from another pull but don't much like how it's turned out. It looked better before fusing as the angles were crisper. The canes are mostly scrap bullseye clear with bits of colour thrown in.

JaySpangles

As some of you may know, I am a painter as well as lampworker.  I have decided it is time to approach my artistic career in a more serious way, and to that end have produced a proper website, along with a connected blog. (I have been blogging for the last 5 years, but I think I talk mainly to myself - I hope to change that!)

Please, if you have time, have a look at my website www.janetpoole.co.uk and let me know what you think.  

If you would like to sign up for my newsletter you can do so on the front page of the site.  I promise not to share or sell your email address, and only to send out newsletters about once a month, telling you about what is going on in my little art world.
Sometimes my beads inspire my paintings, and vice versa (actually it is usually a colour thing as I paint mainly landscapes outside)

Thanks for giving me a few of your precious minutes.
Janet.

Nicknack

Wow!  Those are good!  You should be really proud of your talent.

Nick

Rachels

Wow your paintings are fantastic. Really impressive.  Hope your new website does well. Rachels.

Tonyb

Very nice paintings - I loved the one of the fox. Good luck

Tony

www.beadables.co.uk

kerensky

Beautiful paintings Janet, love the portraits, you are very talented.

JaySpangles

Thanks, you are a great lot.  Do you know I got more hits on my website from FH than anywhere else (I am working hard at a bit of self promotion - it is hard to get your head out of the sand!)
All I need now is for people to sign up for my newsletter to spread the word.  You can do that on the site, or send me a pm with your email addy if you are interested (I wouldn't put anyone on without permission) and I will add you.
Janet x

Pat from Canvey

I bought a small mold on a bit of a whim (Slumpy's SM 5515) and decided to try stacking up some pale blue transparent stained glass, COE unknown. I heated it to 820 deg C in my ceramic kiln in the hope that it would melt and flow to fill up the space. This is the result, It's about 85mm across the base.

Pat from Canvey

I made another fused piece from vitrigraph cane murrini. The glass is a mixture of opaque and transparent Spectrum glass but I experimented a little to see what effect I would create. The picture is of the shelf side of the piece as there was a little devit on the surface in one of the opaque glasses which caused it to be a little uneven. I ground it a little and decided to leave it like that as I received favourable comments from friends despite my reservations.

I've photographed it with light going through it.

Pat from Canvey

I fused murrini from a vitrigraph pull of Bullseye glass and it made a 23cm circle about 9mm thick. I wanted to use a drop mold so used a medium one in my new kiln. Not only had I never used a drop mold in this kiln but I'd never interupted a program to see how far the glass had dropped and whether it had reached the kiln shelf. In any event I took a chance and interupted the program after 9 hours. In hindsight I should have taken my courage in both hands and opened the kiln say an hour earlier. I resumed the program and this was the final result, a bowler hat shape.

It's OK for a first try but will make some changes if I do this again. I don't have a good enough photo of the side view yet.

Pat from Canvey

I had a go at setting this cab with a tut I found on the web. It's a bit messy but is held very well in place. The glass is COE 96 chalcedony cut from the rod and fused. I made it because I think Rita was enquiring about fossil cabs some time ago and I wanted to see if I could produce that effect. Not sure I succeeded but it was worth a try.

Pat from Canvey

Done in the spaces left on the shelf while other projects were fusing.