Main Menu

Another implosion marble!

Started by Lotti, December 12, 2013, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

Shame about the air bubbles in this, but I do quite like the ethereal effect of the glasses used, just playing really to get an idea of what the different boro colours do! 

Rachels

silkworm

Mary

SilverGems89

Think I am definitely going to need to do a marble swap in the new year  ;)

ruth

Lotti, that is gorgeous !

I have not seen the attraction in marble making until now. I must not start another hobby!

Ruth
Frittering the children's inheritance.

Steampunkglass

That's really nice  ;D you certainly have got the hang of marbles now!  ;) I find that some colours seem to react quite differently when they are used inside marbles to do implosions rather than on the surface, so it's worth doing lots of experiments

Pat from Canvey

Lotti

Quote from: SilverGems89 on December 12, 2013, 10:20:38 AM
Think I am definitely going to need to do a marble swap in the new year  ;)

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: ruth on December 12, 2013, 10:35:34 AM
Lotti, that is gorgeous !

I have not seen the attraction in marble making until now. I must not start another hobby!

Ruth

Beware I find them highly addictive, much more relaxing than bead making for me, I love the fact that you just can't rush it and I sit there and it's just me and the glass - arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;) :)

Quote from: Steampunkglass on December 12, 2013, 10:44:55 AM
That's really nice  ;D you certainly have got the hang of marbles now!  ;) I find that some colours seem to react quite differently when they are used inside marbles to do implosions rather than on the surface, so it's worth doing lots of experiments

Thank you.  Yes lots of experimenting to do.  I do have a tut that talks about different recipes for canes but they are all for North Star so will have to try to work out (if poss) the corresponding colours (ish) in Momka (I got one of Kevin's sample packs and also have some lovely Chinese glass from the lovely Emma that I haven't played with yet!).   Off to practice vortex ones, can do them in 104 ok (ish) but seem to be struggling with them in boro, need to go back to the tut on them I think. :)

Quote from: Pat from Canvey on December 12, 2013, 11:27:04 AM
That is gorgeous Lotti.

Thank you honey.  :)

garishglobes

That's a very nice implosion  :)

Try layering jade white over or under a transparent or a colour for an interesting effect. Ditto white  :)

Moira HFG

Lotti

And another one following lovely Emma's advice.  Jade white over a Momka blue (would have to run the gauntlet of the builders to get into my studio to find out!) with cloud stamens (poked this time!). :)

Jellybean

Blue Box Studio

Cor!!!!!!!!!!!

(I like marbles, probably comes from not having many left)
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Pat from Canvey

Beautiful Lotti. I've had no luck at all with mine so have ordered the Drew Fritts book.