Where to buy tools

Started by Tonyb, November 22, 2013, 04:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicknack

Thanks Sean, that's a lovely Paph!  Did you come to the Malvern Three Counties Show to see the orchids?  I think Fiona said you were there, but, as I haven't met you, I couldn't spot you, even with her description.  I'll be there next year, and would love to meet you if you come down again.

The Gloriosa is brilliant, too - really delicate and very lifelike!

Nick

Hamilton Taylor

Yep, I was there - buying paphs.  ;)
Not really very experienced with orchids, but I need to copy from life, as I have a great deal of trouble translating from 2d to 3d.
Not sure how its going tbh - they all seem to be sulking just now, although I have a nice spike on a brassia I have on my bedroom windowsill. Just waiting for flowers...

PS Tony, sorry to take your thread so off-topic   ::)

Sean

Nicknack

Quote from: Hamilton Taylor on November 23, 2013, 10:21:17 PM
Yep, I was there - buying paphs.  ;)
Not really very experienced with orchids, but I need to copy from life, as I have a great deal of trouble translating from 2d to 3d.
Not sure how its going tbh - they all seem to be sulking just now, although I have a nice spike on a brassia I have on my bedroom windowsill. Just waiting for flowers...

PS Tony, sorry to take your thread so off-topic   ::)

Sean

Yes, sorry, Tony!  I'll pm you, Sean, to talk orchids.

Nick

Moira HFG

I have kitted out my studio over the last 12 months or so, with secondhand tools; from this site, gumtree, and ebay. If you don't have money, you need patience....keep looking and everything you need will turn up in time.

The tip about improvisation is a good one, too.

Good luck!

Tonyb

Many thanks for the great advice. Have bought ssome stuff and will look at kitchen shops for tongs etc. Tony

www.beadables.co.uk

Graphitegirl

;-)in germany we have a saying like: other mothers do have nice daughters, too!

Best regards
Graphitegirl