Main Menu

Unstable hands

Started by Yeske, September 23, 2013, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammie

I have trouble with my hands too, the creation station is a must, doing the rest on the torch marver thing a bit like Pat, I practice rolling the  mandrel even when not torching to get my  brain and hands working together, holding your glass rod and mandrel down nearer the flame rather than at the ends, getting the table and stool height good in relation to how you torch to give the best control over what you are doing! Hope some of that helps. :) 

noora

I took a class with Larry Scott when he came to Sweden earlier this year. He puts a wooden block on top of his torch marver like this to rest one or both hands on when placing dots. We got to try it too, and it really helps! I'll have to make one for myself, it's just a piece of wood with a couple of smaller pieces of wood glued to the underside at both ends to keep it in place. You can easily remove it if you want to. I've always thought it's a bit of cheating, but if Larry Scott does it, so can I  ;)

Pat from Canvey

Thanks for that Noora. I'll try it and see if it helps me.

Barnacle Bay

I am very impressed that you can make any beads, must be dreadful, and you can type far beter than me!