Oxycon problem

Started by miss softpaw, August 25, 2013, 08:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss softpaw

I set everything up in my gazebo today, turned on the oxy on my torch, turned on my oxycon and I had the orange low oxygen light and the red service light and the oxycon screaming at me. I thought it might be the torch at first so I took the hose out of the oxycon but still it screamed. I opened it up to look for leaks and can't find any leaks. I tried cleaning the black filter at the back but I don't really know what else to look for, although I can feel it sucking air in but it doesn't seem to be putting much out. I think there might be a blockage in the outflow area but no idea how to get in to look. Any ideas before I phone martin on Tuesday?

helbels

Try lifting it up and dropping it firmly from a height of 2-3 inches.  It burps them, and has been known to solve a few issues.

Redhotsal

It sounds patronising but you have checked that the power cable is fully plugged in, haven't you? They have an internal battery which will go off if the power lead isn't fully in. Doesn't sound likely if it is pulling in air but maybe worth a check. if it clearly isn't this my only thought is that it could be that the fan isn't operating. depending on the model this is usually located at the base of the unit. It MAY just have worked its way loose. maybe worth checking?

miss softpaw

I have had it plugged in firmly, yeah I have to make myself check lol. The fan is turning fine. It isn't hot or anything. I will have to check the drop thing tomorrow, my MIL is not well, can't have that screaming. Hmm not having much luck these past couple of weeks :-\

miss softpaw

Opened it up again after getting emailed with a manual ( thanks nick) but still i cant see anything wrong. Tried the drop but still no luck. Something doesnt want me lampworking lol

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

Take it indoors and plug it in. If it works then its the extension you have it plugged into thats the problem.  :)

miss softpaw

Tried that too. Thanks for all the help I am going to phone martin tomorrow