How do you organise your glass?

Started by Glassy Lou, August 01, 2013, 03:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niki Gough

I have the same type of tubes but in a wine rack so no where near as much. Mine start with clear and is then split by colour. Mostly I have opaque and transparent together other than with blues and I think green where they are split as I have too many for one tube. I then have the couple of tubes with my big batches that I have bought and I have a separate ones for DH glass (split by reducing) and special glass such as some of the Reichenbach colours.

I have found this to be any easy storage system but maybe that is because I don't have that much glass ;)
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Glassy Lou

Now that I've started to put my glass into it, I can see that I don't have as much as I thought.
DH pointed out that Tuffnells are trying to help me fill it by having a sale :))

Lynniebeads

Mine is split by colour opaques in plastic pipes in a wine rack,the top of which is my workbench.I then have another wine rack for the transparent glass.Double helix & northstar 104 in separate jars,stringers & some clear in jars on my work surface. I also have a jar for odd rods & started rods. I'm not sure that it's organised enough. I might change it when my cim order arrives, couldn't help it with a sale on ;0)
I keep frit in a draw all labeled & little trays filled on my work bench, they all stack neatly. I also have a spice rack filled with some more frit.
Lynne x

Barnacle Bay

Mine totally unorganised, still standing upright in pots though they are sorted into matching colours and special rods seperated  :D  Hence, hubby has a 'honey do list' and he will be revamping my work area very soon with a new organised rod storage system, although I like the tube idea I do worry about spiders esp we have a lot of False Widows that give a real nasty bite.  I will have to get the whip out to get things moving along  ;D

cbeadies

Quote from: Zen on August 02, 2013, 11:16:24 AM

DH pointed out that Tuffnells are trying to help me fill it by having a sale :))

Thanks for this, I didn't realise there was a sale on and there are a few CIM colours I would like.

Most of my glass is stored in the drawers of an old bureau that is in our garage....not ideal, but I think DH would be shocked if he saw how much glass I have collected!! 

Barnacle Bay

Quote from: cbeadies on August 02, 2013, 07:04:50 PM
Quote from: Zen on August 02, 2013, 11:16:24 AM

Thanks for this, I didn't realise there was a sale on and there are a few CIM colours I would like.

Most of my glass is stored in the drawers of an old bureau that is in our garage....not ideal, but I think DH would be shocked if he saw how much glass I have collected!! 

Yeah, sale started just after I ordered some things  :(

Glassy Lou

Yeah. I had a delivery this week just before the sale too :( doesn't mean I won't find an excuse to buy more now I have all those empty pipes to fill hehe ;)