Momka glass , can it be cut in to slices and used with tekta for fusing

Started by Skyblue, April 01, 2014, 12:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblue

I may be asking in the wrong place but I have some momka glass rods and wanted to know if anyone has tried slicing this and used it for fusing ? I think momka is coe 33 and was thinking of putting it with tekta clear glass. I have a gorgeous sunflower rod and it looks lovely cut into murrini pieces but wondered if anyone has done this before and it has worked? Sorry if its a completely noob question but where fusing is concerned ive done a day course and thats it. So not sure of compatibility etc.. I cant see any information by googling it , so thought I would pick fh brains. :)

Nicknack

Trudi's right, I use Tekta with my 90 for fusing.  Don't know where you'd get 33 sheet, but I expect someone will.

Nick

June

You can really only use other Bullseye products with Tekta, unless they are COE90  :)

I've not come across COE33 sheet personally.

Hamilton Taylor

No, this will not work. You'll get horrendous incompatibility issues.
Borosilicate sheet is available, but it's very expensive.

Skyblue

Steampunkglass

I did read about some research a while ago were they were trying to kiln fuse borosilicate, but it had lots of unexpected devit problems too, they had to have kilns with rapid extractor fans to crash cool them and still had problems.

Skyblue

I should of just asked on here first instead of spending over an hour trying to google for an answer . thanks again:)