Main Menu

reheating beads

Started by bellag13, May 19, 2013, 08:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moira HFG

I suspect it means 'striking'. The violet is quite variable, and the orange gives anything between completely clear (some spacers recently, that was a surprise!), milky off-white to quite a dark toffee brown if worked hot and long. If this was made by Double Helix it'd cost a fortune!

Here's the beads I reheated:

Bonfire beads

flame n fuse

I've got mystic green but never really used it. Will have to dig it out and give it a try. Mystic blue looks pretty, will make a note to order it next time. I like effetre green cave. My sample set shows mystic green and green cave are similar. Effetre lime green is my favourite spring green.

Enchanted Cobwebs

Quote from: flame n fuse on November 19, 2017, 10:07:17 PM
I've got mystic green but never really used it. Will have to dig it out and give it a try. Mystic blue looks pretty, will make a note to order it next time. I like effetre green cave. My sample set shows mystic green and green cave are similar. Effetre lime green is my favourite spring green.

Most of my leaves are mystic green like on my cherries and I also use mystic green on the base of my thistles. I use mystic blue for my bluebells, closest colour match to the real thing. It behaves very well and is delicate enough for petals. Cant get images on here as photobucket is being off with me but there are some in my Etsy shop. I have tried the other mystics but orange coral and red I got whiteish with a core of slight colour. Mystic violet was a murky colour and so I never tried again. I have a weekend off from shows this coming week so I might get some play time in. If anyone has suggestions on what to do to make them bloom. I only make tiny things though these days so sometimes maybe its not been worked long enough
Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs