Perfect Encasing.

Started by Pam, March 24, 2013, 01:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhotsal

There are quite a few ways to encase - you can dump encase, swipe horizontally, coil it on, dot it, zig zag it on.....depends really on what you're trying to encase. I would use a horizontal swipe I was making a cylinder and I wanted a thin encase or I still use dot encasing for flowers as it won't drag the florals out of shape.

I agree with what has been said on here - use a razor, cheap old kitchen parer or a brass stump shaper to "feather" the encasing down to the bead holes and sometimes heating towards the holes will encourage glass to flow towards the holes.

One thing I discovered with coil encasing - it seems to make a difference in which direction you go - i.e. I used to coil encase left to right but it took me years to discover that I get a better result going from right to left!!

At the risk of SHAMEFUL plugging I do have a DVD which covers five types of encase. You can get it here. (volume 4)  ;)

ruth

Sals DVDs are great. I bought all of them and still go back to them from time to time. They cover basic beads to creating implosion pendents.

Watching Sal actually doing encasing and talking you though it is better than trying to following it in a book.

Ruth
Sewnthing

Frittering the children's inheritance.

Pam

Hmmmm I'm taking this all in, thanks for all your input. The only thing I have not tried is (wearing my glasses) is going from right to left. Will give this a go and see if I can get the consistent results I strive for. See some of you on Saturday round Kaz's torch!