oh no my master piece??!!

Started by Shades of Colour, February 10, 2013, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades of Colour

just taken this out of the kiln and have a lovely crack from the top left down to one petal and then across to the other.  Is there anything I can do to save this?  Was going to slump it tomorrow but that will probably make it worse!!!  :'(   

Alison
www.facebook.com/shadesofcolourjewellery

Trudi

oh no ... that's so pretty too x

noora

I have managed to heal cracks by fusing again at a higher temperature (and slower ramp up and down to avoid new cracks!), but I've only tried it with small glass cabochons so I don't know if it works with a larger piece. If those flowers are tack fused on the surface you may lose some of the structure if you fuse it again.

The ones I've healed successfully were fused glass cabochons that I set in PMC silver. I was sloppy when pasting the seams in the setting, so the setting cracked open during firing and caused stress in the glass. I added some more PMC paste and fired again, and the cracks healed.

ruth

I think that the only thing you can do with this is to give it to me. It will have a good home and be well loved.

Ruth
Sewnthings
Frittering the children's inheritance.

Shades of Colour

Thanks guys for your comments.  The flowers were actually inprinted with a little bit of frit for added colour, I still had the paper underneath in the photo!!  I was so pleased with how it looked other than the crack of course.  Didn't want to try anything else incase it made it worse so have it sitting on my table at the moment, crack and all :-)
Alison
www.facebook.com/shadesofcolourjewellery