Ivory equivalent in Bullseye??

Started by CrystalArt, March 06, 2013, 10:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrystalArt

Can anyone tell me what would be the best/most similar colour to effetre Ivory - but in Bullseye glass?  There seem to be some shades that look similar, but maybe a bit too white-coffee-coloured...

I don't need/expect it to react in the same way as effetre ivory - I just need rather urgently to find a look-alike!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! :-*

Thank you!!

Sally - back after too long (blame broken wrist!)  ???

noora

flame n fuse

I'd agree - it reacts in a similar way.

CrystalArt

Zeldazog

French Vanilla is a reactive glass, so you will get the browns if you put it against copper bearing glasses, but in sheet glass it's the palest of the creams, and in sheet form, comes out very similar to the little bit of ivory I've played with.

CrystalArt

Ah, that's good to know - I think I'll try the rods and also strips cut from the sheet, see which to go with.

Thank you all so much for your help!

noora

It goes dark with silver too. Basically it reacts with the same stuff as Effetre ivory (copper and silver), but not as prettily. It's quite sensitive to silver and much more reactive than Bullseye's Reactive Cloud and Reactive Ice. I once did a fusing test with those three glasses combined with copper and silver. The "reactive" glasses didn't do much at all, but french vanilla even went dark from the fumes from the silver on the piece next to it...  ::)

CrystalArt

Quote from: noora on March 07, 2013, 06:52:03 PM
It goes dark with silver too. Basically it reacts with the same stuff as Effetre ivory (copper and silver), but not as prettily. It's quite sensitive to silver and much more reactive than Bullseye's Reactive Cloud and Reactive Ice. I once did a fusing test with those three glasses combined with copper and silver. The "reactive" glasses didn't do much at all, but french vanilla even went dark from the fumes from the silver on the piece next to it...  ::)

That is so helpful - thank you so much!  I think I'm going to have to experiment a bit to see what sort of results happen, before I try to achieve a specific result!