Problem slumping small dish

Started by Trudi, February 09, 2013, 10:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudi

Hi Sarah

I have an SC2 with a bead door, so I can't really see how it is doing till it's done!

It was 3rd time lucky ... I tried Sue's schedule (thank you Sue) and it has worked!!! I'll take a picture in the daylight and will post it up in the next few days!

Thank you all for your posts, really appreciate it!

SueP

Well done Trudi  :) - i am lucky enough to have a hobby fuser but never peep - problem with fusing is in my opinion it's all about the programme and waiting to see if your lovely design is intact  ;D

looking forward to pictures

JKC

Pat from Canvey

Trudi, you can open the SC2 door for a quick peek. A few seconds only and you should be wearing kiln glasses in theory to protect your eyes. If I'm making a large bead, say a rose, that won't go through the bead door, I just open the large door and pop it in that way with no problems.

Trudi

never thought of that - I don't have kiln glasses, would diddy's be ok?

Pat from Canvey

Not sure Trudi. You'd better wait for a full time fuser to come along.

jeannette

No I dont think so, you need protection from infra red when looking in the kiln, I think diddys protect against flare which is not the same. I know you can't use the welding ones for the kiln to lampwork, so it's a different spectrum I suppose or something technical like that. They aren't expensive from warm glass or ask a friendly welder for their mask.

Edit: looked on warm glass and diddys do both infra red and the flare so should be ok. Hurrah!

Trudi

At last a picture of the trinket dish!!

Briar Rose Trinket Dish by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

I'm so pleased!  ;D

Pat from Canvey

Trudi

Thanks Pat, it was my first time using decals too!

JKC

Hi Trudi, Glad that you got it to work in the end, nice colours. Janet

Pauline

lovely and so is the chain, did you do that too?

sea-thistle

Trudi you need special glasses for looking in the kiln when fusing. They have green lenses.

Trudi

Hi Pauline, yes I did make the chain, it was from a Dragonfly Lynn kit!

Now I did have some of those green lense glasses ..... where oh where did I put them .......

JKC

Hi Trudi

When I bought my initial kit, liquid glass made it up for me and for opening the kiln they sent me a huge yellow helmut with a visor, looks like part of a fancy dress costume.