Frit-Happens !
March 29, 2020, 12:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: creative gallery archive 2014  (Read 49730 times)
Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »

I tried something different when adding wire to this lentil.
The "cage" is composed of 5 strands of silver wire.

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 12:38:08 PM »

Here's a small vase made with some of my Bullseye vitrigraph murrini. I still have to finish the rim but can't make up my mind whether to polish it as is or to grind a curve in it and sandblast the whole thing. It would need sandblasting as you can't firepolish the edge. It would cause the shape to start to deform. I could go to a local studio and use their wet belt sander I suppose. Thoughts anyone?

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 06:24:11 AM »

I've been experimenting again with Spectrum glass and this is the result. I used Val Cox frit for the dotty bits.

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 06:52:12 AM »

I did a test piece using the information in Dee Poole's tutorial on Youtube. I used Gum Tragacanth from the cookery isle at Hobbycraft rather than the Tylo powder suggested. I also did a full fuse rather than a tack. I have a larger piece in the bigger kiln but it's still cooling down. This was put into the SC2 for quickness. Because it was on a 3mm piece of Bullseye rather than kiln paper, the edges curled inwards so I've ground them in the flat lap to be fairly uniform.

Update  The black stringer on kiln paper in the big kiln was a total mess. Not sure why as I made up the black frit powder in the same way as the red.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:34:56 AM by Pat from Canvey » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: