Frit-Happens !
January 19, 2021, 08:42:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Powder vibe tool  (Read 11657 times)
♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »

Thankyou for the feedback Janet do you use it for fusing or beads?

George, thankyou for the top tip, I did wonder if it was something that would be easy to knock together, it seems a simple piece of kit.

Zeldazog
My name's Dawn, I'm an
Administrator

I'm free, to do what I want...♪♪♪

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »

I wonder whether a sonic toothbrush could be adapted in that case?

Tan, I was looking at these a few weeks ago, but I decided I don't do enough work with powders or enamels to justify the expense, especially when reviews seemed a bit mixed.  The videos make it look easy, but I figured even if application was as easy as it looks, I usually manage to trip up or sneeze on my way to the kiln.... 

I've bought one of the coil actuated sifters instead.

♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »

Well, I have to admit I am as accident prone Grin I was very impressed by the vid but boy oh boy is it a lot of money for a tiny bit of kit that I may use a great deal or may not use at all in the long run.

Dawn will you let me know how you get on with the sifter please? I was looking at those as well and think one of them may be my next purchase if they can give a precision line

MeadMoon
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »

I was going to buy one of the coil-activated sifters to help with powder & frit painting but would like to know how well they work first, so please let us know how you get on Dawn.

After seeing the powder vibe, I would love one of those, they look so easy to use, but cannot afford one at the moment and, as others have found, the hummingbird flossers are rather more expensive than the ones that George got as well.

Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy
Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »

The enamels in my glassy doodles post were done with a powder vibe. I bought it a few years ago from Creative Glass in Rochester.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: