Frit-Happens !
January 19, 2021, 08:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fusing cycle books  (Read 2059 times)
Melty
Forum Member

« on: December 02, 2012, 01:56:58 AM »

Are there any good books to explain different firing cycles and temperatures etc ? I've got a hobbyfuser and have just left it set on the programmed schedules so far, but I want to learn the science behind it all and be able to work out my own schedules for different things ...

Bertie
♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »

warm glass by lark books is very good

jeannette
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »

Bulleseye have some good fact sheets you can download. There is an iPad/iPod app too.
Zeldazog
My name's Dawn, I'm an
Administrator

I'm free, to do what I want...♪♪♪

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 03:34:50 AM »

http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/contemporary-fused-glass-p-917.html

I had the original version of this which is very good (lent it out, not seen it back  Sad) not had chance to look through the updated version yet properly.

As Jeanette says, the Bullseye tips are great.

This book by Professor Keith Cummings is very very good, includes a lot about the history of glass too - it is more technical, and doesn't include projects, but if you really want to get behind the science...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Techniques-Kiln-Formed-Glass-Keith-Cummings/dp/0713661208

jeannette
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:41:38 AM »

Oh yes, brad walker book is great. I lent mine out and it was so goo, Louise bought her own. I didn't see the original, but heard many good things, but no one ever sells them to pick up that version..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: