lumpy bead release

Started by CarolB, November 18, 2012, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolB

Hi

sorry to ask so many questions but how do I get the lumps out of my bead release??

thank you Carol

helbels

Hiya

Try adding a couple of wonky beads to the pot and then give it a whacking great shake (make sure the lid is on). That normally does the trick.

Magpie

Quote from: helbels on November 18, 2012, 08:26:24 PM
....(make sure the lid is on)....

The most important advice ever!  ::) ::)

Redhotsal

beadammed

Done the lid off shake too.  Not to be recommended.  By the way, anyone know where I can get Fosterfire?
Geraldine
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/strikingglassstudios

Beadbug

Hi Geraldine

I have an order of Foster Fire on the way from the US; not sure how long this is going to take to arrive.  I have different size pots coming.

Caroline

helbels

That's great news Caroline, I'll be buying once it arrives.

Beadbug

I have 8 oz and 16 oz jars on the way; hopefully they should not take too long to arrive. 

Krysia@No98

Quote from: Magpie on November 18, 2012, 08:58:37 PM
Quote from: helbels on November 18, 2012, 08:26:24 PM
....(make sure the lid is on)....

The most important advice ever!  ::) ::)

Very very tight....

and wrap a cloth round it while you shake it
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Pat from Canvey

Quote from: CarolB on November 18, 2012, 08:25:35 PM
but how do I get the lumps out of my bead release??

As well as ading a wonky bead, add a little water to get the release back to it's original consistency. Water evaporates from the release every time you open the pot so just add some back, perhaps a teaspoon at a time until you are happy with the thickness (single cream consistency).

Blue Box Studio

Funny how that lid always looks like it is on tight ......... todays task will be to wash a lot of bead release off the worktops, walls, floor; I washed me and the clothes yesterday.  I've decided putting all those end of pots into one old mucky pot was possibly false economy  :'(

Good idea about the cappucino whisk, I have a battery one now redundant since the fancy Nespresso machine arrived. (Still waiting for George Clooney, apparently on back order ;) )
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Nicknack

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on November 19, 2012, 08:45:40 AM

Good idea about the cappucino whisk, I have a battery one now redundant since the fancy Nespresso machine arrived. (Still waiting for George Clooney, apparently on back order ;) )

Ah, Sue, but you'll never get him delivered - he'll be given to the burglar or kept in the depot, 'cause he won't fit in your safe bin, even if they tried!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Nicknack on November 19, 2012, 10:23:50 AM
Quote from: Blue Box Studio on November 19, 2012, 08:45:40 AM

Ah, Sue, but you'll never get him delivered - he'll be given to the burglar or kept in the depot, 'cause he won't fit in your safe bin, even if they tried!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I've paid the extra for a guaranteed timed delivery!  They'll email as soon as he has desptached and I've cancelled my entire diary so I can be here, ready and waiting with the coffee machine primed, as soon as he rolls up at my door.  My postie has met my husband and understands the need for this delivery.  He also knows where my shedio is and can walk through an open gate to get to it  :o so I have all plans in place I think. 
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

justjules

looks like you have it all covered Sue. Hope he arrives in 1 piece!

;D

Nicknack

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Sue :D :D  (Maybe not if I can get out to my workshop, difficult to lampwork!)

Nick