MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - November 2012

Started by Krysia@No98, November 01, 2012, 04:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnells Glass (thank you Martin et al!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnells. The draw will take place at the start of december so make sure you get your entries in before midnight on the last day of November to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

Please note that the entries should be new work.

So, the theme for the month for November 2012 is Night Time.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Skyblue

I like this theme, I have tried and tried to make a bead that resembles the stars at night but never seem to get it right. This is a reason to try again :)

Pandanimal

Who was it did that wonderful minitut with silver leaf and so on? That would suit this theme well. I'm just off for a look see if I can find it.

Nicknack

I tried it a few months ago - grotty grey throughout!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(  I shall have to try again.  Onwards and Upwards!!!!!

Nick

c-glass

How do you enter on here?  Or tuffnells?  * a  confused easily Claire*

Margram

You just post a picture on here, Claire :).  (Good luck Nick ;D)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Krysia@No98

Quote from: Margram on November 01, 2012, 10:00:01 PM

Thank you  ;D

Yes, post your picture in the tread then at the end of the month I will try again to get my cat Leo to pick a name.  Then I post the name on this thread and send that person a PM asking for their email address which I then send on to our sponsor who will then contact the winner directly.

Have a look through some of the other monthly challenges.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Nicknack

Quote from: Margram on November 01, 2012, 10:00:01 PM

Thank you, I think I'll need it!!!!!!  I would love to make it work, it looks beautiful.  I was so disappointed last time, but I think I should have got it hotter.

Nick

Kaz

Nick are you sure your silver foil/leaf is genuine? where did it come from? I had some fake stuff that just made everything go grey a few years ago.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Nicknack

Quote from: Kaz on November 02, 2012, 07:34:52 AM
Nick are you sure your silver foil/leaf is genuine? where did it come from? I had some fake stuff that just made everything go grey a few years ago.
Kazx

I got it from Tuffnells, Kaz.  It works OK with SIS etc. I'm still pretty much of a beginner (even more so when I tried the tutorial), so I expect it was me!  I'll have another go - I'd love to get it right.

Nick

LilLizaJane

Quote from: Kaz on November 02, 2012, 07:34:52 AMI had some fake stuff that just made everything go grey a few years ago.
Kazx

I got stung for some gold leaf off ebay last year that turned out to be absolute c**p. Still makes me cross just thinking about it.
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

SueP

What no pictures yet  ;D

OK here goes hard to take a decent picture and quite simple beads - not sure whether they would be better called space  ;D

024 by Blue Flame Beads, on Flickr

019 by Blue Flame Beads, on Flickr

Hotglass28

Can someone please confirm the challenge entries are for new work?
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Skyblue

I love the sparkly web type effect you have in them sue  :) made my beads yesterday but am waiting for a bit of light to take some piccys.