MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - November 2012

Started by Krysia@No98, November 01, 2012, 07:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

Lovely beads so far!

I have been playing with bright beads this week, and made this focal from Light Red.  I'm very happy with it. 

IMG_0001 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Skyblue

Beautiful beads, love the little characters Trudi :) I have one of your little robins you made a few years ago and they are sooo cute !

spexy

Ooops nearly forgot to post these. Effetre Light Red and CIM Clockwork with SIS

Crimson Pillows by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

marklaird

I've only had my bulk propane setup for a couple of weeks now, but I thought I would have a go, seeing as how I have just bought a load of the red glass.

So, having had a wonderful meet up on Saturday with Helen (helsbels) I thought I would try a red bead with raised dots and some smaller red spacers.

Red beads for November challenge by Marklaird, on Flickr

They are not to the standard of the other beads on here, but I'm getting better on my dot placement.

Regard

Mark

helbels

Great job Mark - those dots look pretty good to me  ;D It's great that you entered this - so many newbies don't because they are scared, but the Monthly Challenge is just supposed to be about good fun and having a go at something you normally wouldn't - so you've fulfilled the brief perfectly!

marklaird

Thankyou Helen. I decided that after seeing your wonderful beads at the weekend that I had to try something a bit more Inspirational. Last nights dot placement ended up as a gravity bead when it got too hot.

Madam Steph

Some Christmassy type stuff with Effetre Light Red:

light red by Madam Steph, on Flickr

(I at last gave up on Photobucket and followed Nicks destructions re Flickr. Thanks, Nick)

Linda x

Nicknack

Quote from: Madam Steph on November 17, 2012, 05:00:31 PM
Some Christmassy type stuff with Effetre Light Red:

light red by Madam Steph, on Flickr

(I at last gave up on Photobucket and followed Nicks destructions re Flickr. Thanks, Nick)

Linda x

You're welcome, I'm glad they were easy to follow.  It's not long since I mastered it myself, so I remembered!

Nick

Calico Cat

Some beautiful beads  :)

So I thought I might lower the tone a little with something silly . . . . .

Apologies for the pic but it was taken on my phone.

She would like you to know that she's going to Beads of Courage, along with some friends.  ;D

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Kalorlo

Carole: hee hee!  ;D
Linda, that's a lovely set.

I made these, and discovered that my photo lighting really made the spacers look browner... but not the rounds. The spacers are a bit darker, but not that much!

Rascal

Hi, this is my first time entering the monthly colour challenge, so taking a deep breath, this is a key-ring I've made for a friend for Christmas. A huge thank you to everyone who gave me some advice on dragging hearts on a different post, they've come out so much better than my previous attempts, they actually look like hearts for a start  ;D

Blackheart Keyring by Karens Beads, on Flickr

Madam Steph

The hearts are looking good, Karen.

Linda x

andrew.spencer.2

I've been playing with a little blowpipe I picked up recently in Murano, it's lots of fun! This is a little blown lamp I made using light red 428 and transparent red 076. It came out a little more mixed than I wanted, it was supposed to be sort of two tone, but it still works.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sn24PdEhc_JMK9HiTxmkx7wIgAy-yckYou1cDPU03CA?feat=directlink

Kalorlo

Santa's little gremlins. These are also light red  ;D

MadelineBunyan

I know theres not much red, but perhaps his cuteness will make up for it? :)

Christmassy Polar Bear by madelinebunyan, on Flickr