Uroboros system 96

Started by SilverGems89, April 15, 2012, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverGems89

Does anyone know anywhere in the UK or even Europe that sells uroboros system 96 rods? I have some but would like to find a supplier to get some more!

I went on the Uroboros website and looked on their stockists list but none of the places on there sells rods  :(

jammie

I think the creative glass guild used to but they had to order it themselves though it was a good price, they gave stringer in usually.

Pat from Canvey

You could buy Uroboros sheet and cut it into 1/4 inch strips. That's what I do with my leftover Spectrum glass which is also mostly COE 96. I use the strips just as if they were rods. Gaffer glass is COE 96.  http://www.gafferglass.co.uk/default.asp  They are in Portsmouth.

Hotglass28

Gaffer is 96coe, casting gaffer is 92coe.
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Hotglass28

uh huh, know that......You get that with all colours though esp with solid and clear together.... In general you can use gaffer with spectrum 96, it up to the user to check all is well regarding stresses.  As long as the coe is not massively out there should be no problem.

I know an artist who rants about people saying "why have I compatability issues when it's the same glass type" he keeps saying that all glass is slightly different.  Which is true.

I don't like to mix manufacturers glasses, but thats just me.
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name